Joomla 3.9.20 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 6 security vulnerabilities and contains over 25 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.20?
Joomla 3.9.20 includes 6 security vulnerability fixes and addresses several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - CSRF in com_installer ajax_install endpoint (affecting Joomla! 3.7.0 through 3.9.19) More information »
- Moderate Priority - Core - Missing checks can lead to a broken usergroups table record (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.19) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - CSRF in com_privacy remove-request feature (affecting Joomla! 3.9.0 through 3.9.19) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Variable tampering via user table class (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.19) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - Escape mod_random_image link (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.19) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - System Information screen could expose redis or proxy credentials (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.19) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Upload & Update tab of Joomla Update Component: Fix to allow upload of ZIP filetype only #29877
- Local database server: Allow optional port numbers #29567
- Beez3 Template: Markup fix for the Tabs layout of com_contact #29636
- Beez3 Template: Allow custom field editing on frontend #29577
- Backend cache cleared when purging updates #29603
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
A Huge Thank You to Our Volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the 3.9 releases!
Make the next Joomla release even better
Download the upcoming releases from the nightly build page (for testing purposes only - do not use on production sites).
Want an even easier option? Get yourself over to launch.joomla.org - where you can also test Joomla 4.0 with just one click - no testing environment needed, nothing to install or set up (at all).
Originally posted on Joomla.org